Dr. Ron started to experiment with various breakfast shakes in the hopes of lowering his cholesterol. He replaced his usual breakfast of cereal with this shake each morning for 3 months. He retested his cholesterol and was amazed to see that it had dropped 30 points. For a guy that likes to eat, he was amazed that the shake kept him full until lunch.
The following breakfast shake that he and a fellow colleague have come up based on whole green foods, fruit, nuts and spices and coconut oil. Contrary to what the media tells you, your body does need some saturated fat in your diet. Coconut is a healthy saturated fat that includes Omega 3 Fatty acids.
Coconut oil contains less calories than other oils, its fat content is easily converted into energy and it does not lead to accumulation of fat in the heart and arteries. Coconut oil helps in boosting energy and endurance, and enhances the performance of athletes.
The cholesterol-lowering properties of coconut oil are a direct result of its ability to stimulate thyroid function. In the presence of adequate thyroid hormone, cholesterol (specifically LDL-cholesterol) is converted by enzymatic processes to the vitally necessary anti-aging steroids, pregnenolone, progesterone and DHEA. These substances are required to help prevent heart disease, senility, obesity, cancer and other diseases associated with aging and chronic degenerative diseases.
The product that we recommend is the organic extra virgin coconut oil from Nutiva which you can order from our office.
We have had amazing results with patients just using this shake for breakfast. We have had weight loss, increased energy, lower cholesterol, lower triglycerides and others. In order to make this shake, we recommend the Vita-Mix brand blender or equivalent.
- 1 cup water
- Hand full of almonds (preferably raw)
- 1/3 cup of pineapple (fresh is better than canned)
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 red or gala apple
- 1/4 orange
- 1/2 carrot stick (or 4-5 baby carrots)
- 1 stick of celery
- 1/2 cucumber
- Hand full of Spinach
- 1 sprig parsley
- 1 heaping table spoon of virgin coconut oil
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of turmeric
- Add water and almonds to blender and process until a milky texture (about 30-40 seconds)
- Add all other ingredients and blend for 30-40 seconds
- Drink slowly and chew while drinking ( chewing releases saliva that contains lots of salivary amylase which is the start of digestion)
- Eat a healthy lunch and dinner and drink plenty of water